Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Butterfly Bay Window

Hello my crafty friends.

When I received my Slide Mailers from Meg's Garden, I really loved the shape of the windows.
I had so many thoughts and ideas rolling around on how to use these little beauties, I just had to use one.
These are obviously designed to hold securely your glass slides for postage,
but I had a different purpose in mind.
Coupled with some beautiful paper from the Correspondence Collection
designed by Kerry-Jean Watson and some butterfly images, I created myself a little bay window scene.



Can you tell that recently I have been on a bit of a canvas and Mixed Media kick.

For this project I carefully separated the pieces of a Quad Slide Mailer, and slightly curved
the windows to create my bay window.
I then cut my sheet of Distressed Letter paper into little bricks.
To allow the bay window to pop, I dry brushed my brick background with a little Gesso.
I also die cut the leaves and flowers from paper from the Gentleman Collection.

Meg's Garden Products Used
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
6" x 8" Canvas
Matisse Turquoise Background Paint
Gesso
Flower Die

I thought this might make a wonderful gift to a special someone.
So as a bonus project, I created a handmade card to accompany it.


Meg's Garden Products Used
Other Products Used
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Leathergrain White Cardstock
Cardstock Scarps for Matts
Cheesecloth Offcut
Gesso
Flower Die
Doohickey Die
Chocolate Kaisercraft Pearls

Thankyou all for stopping by and happy crafting to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment