Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Oh Christmas Tree

Hi All.

As we are quickly approaching the Christmas period,
this months challenge at The Mirror Crack'd is 
Christmas Ornaments.


I created this ornament using recycled cereal boxes as the base.
I used some beautiful foil tape to layer up the backrgound,
then a pencil to engrave my lines, swirls and dashes.

I added Viva Inka Gold over the top, making sure to rub it into 
the crevices before wiping off the excess.

Then I just got a mix of materials and layered then on top.
There is a doily cut from scrapbook paper.

The flowers and leaves are all handmade.

Hiding in the arrangement are some rub-ons, chipboard, puffy glittered flourishes, rhinestones.

The holographic rays are also recycled, and I thought they added 
just a little bit more sparkle.

At present, I have this hanging in my office at work for a bit of festive cheer.

Now it's your turn.
Create a little something and link it to the challenge.
I am sure everyone will love this challenge.

Above all, have fun
and Happy Crafting.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Angela. This is a fun christmas tree, and fun that you use colors that I not think of for the the season :) Nice to see what you other teamies makes and I learn new stuff all the time.

    Hugs Ma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree Angela and the unusual colours!
    Big hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Angela,
    Love the Christmas Tree, and how innovative of you, exactly what mixed media is all about...Great work and a great palette.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela, gorgeous tree and lovely details.
    Happy crafting, Angela R. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so beautiful Angela. Great details. Judy

    ReplyDelete